(Promulgated on April 20, 1992 by the State Administration of Commodity Prices andthe Ministry of Finance, and came into force as of May 20, 1992)
In the light of the "Dicision on the Prohibition of Inappropriate Collection of Various Fees and Apportion of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party & the State Council" in 1990, through reexamining the collection of administrative fees in environmental protection system, and approved by the National Three-Inappropriate Prohibition (Leading Group), the provisions concerned are declared herewith:
1. Fees for over-standard discharged pollutants
Any enterprise or institution that discharges over-standard pollutant shall pay for the fees for over-standard discharged pollutants. The charges for waste water, noise, gas as well as solid waste shall be implemented in accordance with "Standards Concerning the Collection of Fees for Over-standard Discharged Waste Water" (Appendix I), "Standards Concerning the Collection of Fees for Over-standard Discharged Noise" (Appendix II), "Standards Concerning the Collection of Fees for Overstandard Discharged Waste Gas" (Appendix III), and "Standards Concerning the Collection of Fees for Over-standard Discharged Solid Waste" (Appendix IV) respectively. Whether the said fees shall be collected by month or by quarter is to be determined by the bureaus of commodity prices and the departments of finance at the province level together with environmental protection departments at the same level through negotiation.
2. Apart from the fees for over-standard discharged wastes, as to the fees for discharging wastes stipulated by "Law on the Prevention and Control of Water Pollution", the bureaus of commodity prices at the province level and the departments of finance at the same level shall temporarily make unified standards for collecting of fees before the State Administration of Commodity Prices and the Ministry of Finance unify the standards, but the fees shall not be collected twice.
3. Fees for environmental monitoring services-Trusted by other enterprises and institutions, monitoring units at various levels can charge for their environmental monitoring services. The charges shall be collected in accordance with "Temporary Regulations Concerning the Collection of Charges for the Professional Monitoring Services of Environmental Monitoring Stations" (Appendix V). The bureaus of commodity prices and the departments of finance at the province level together with the environmental protection departments at the same level shall make the specific method for implementation.
4. The bureaus of commodity prices at the province level and departments of finance at the same level shall determine the fees for the shipping and storage of city radioactive wastes, including the fees for warehouses, containers, shipping services for the wastes as well as other items.
5. The standards and regulations of fees for environmenfal impact qssessment of construction projects toward environment ( construction project fees) will be issued separately.
6. The charges collected by the environmental protection departments for exhaust sampling survey of units with high production, a lot of overhauling and using of vehicles as well as the fees for road inspection collected by public security departments, which is stipulated in "Circular Concerning Vehicle Exhaust Pollution Supervision and Management Approach" No.359 of Environment Management (90) by the National Environmental Protection Agency togather with other five departments, shall not be collected temporarily before the State Bureau of Commodity Prices and Ministry of Finance make separate regulations through negotiation. The fees for the annual inspection of vehicles and initial inspection (including the inspection of exhaust pollution) shall be collected in accordance with the regulations stipulated by finance departments at the province level.
7. The above mentioned fees and charges shall be managed in finance budget or extrabudget in accordance with financial provisions concerned and supervised by the finance departments.
8. This Circular shall be applicable to all the items and standards concerning the collection of administrative fees in environmental protection system, the previous regulations or rules and standards concerning the collection of fees shall all be abolished. No regions shall expand the scope or increase the standard of the collection of fees. All the fees-collection units shall register for fees-collection license in designated commodity departments and use the fees-collection receipts unified by the finance department concerned.
This circular shall come into force as of May 20, 1992.
(This English version is for your reference only.In case any discrepancy exists between the Chinese and English context, the Chinese version shall prevail.)