Responsible for preventing and controlling the environmental pollution and ecological damages at the sources; draw up the environmental impact assessment policies, laws, administrative regulations, and departmental rules, and organize their implementation; formulate the catalogues for the category-specific environmental impact assessment management and the regulations on the graded review of the environmental impact statements; responsible for the environmental impact assessment of major development plans, major economic development plans, and key industries and regions; review in accordance with national regulations the environmental impact statements of the regional plans and industrial plans for key development and construction initiatives; responsible for approving the environmental impact statements of the construction projects without nuclear and radiation projects included; responsible for approving the environmental impact statements of coastal engineering projects and for filing of such statements of marine engineering projects; undertake the overall coordination of pollutant emission control permitting; responsible for the environmental acceptance check of the construction projects approved by the Central Government upon their completion; responsible for the management of the qualifications of the environmental impact assessment institutions; responsible for the post-assessment of the environmental impact; organize the environmental supervision of the construction projects during their construction periods.
1. Division of General Affairs
2. Division of Environmental Impact Assessment of Programs and Plans
3. Division Ⅰ of Environmental Impact Assessment of Construction Projects
4. Division Ⅱ of Environmental Impact Assessment of Construction Projects
5. Division Ⅲ of Environmental Impact Assessment of Construction Projects
6. Division of Pollutant Emission Control Permitting and Environmental Acceptance Check of Construction Projects
(This English version is for your reference only.In case any discrepancy exists between the Chinese and English context, the Chinese version shall prevail.)